A superior space catalog is the key to achieving independent commercial space operations or potential space superiority.
The first purpose of this book is to provide source codes of fundamental astrodynamics algorithms and over 100 practical numerical examples to complement most of the textbooks.
The second purpose of this book is to provide seven analytic Vinti-based algorithms aiming to process millions of radar and optical observations per day for rapid space catalog building.
- Kepler two-body and perturbed orbit propagation (xKep)
- Lambert (Multi-rev IOD) for radar data processing (xLam)
- Gauss-Laplace (Angles-only IOD) for optical data processing (xGau-xLap)
- Batch Differential Correction for radar data processing (xBDC_radar)
- Batch Differential Correction for optical data processing (xBDC_optical)
- Extended Kalman Filter for radar data processing (xEKF_radar)
- Extended Kalman Filter for optical data processing (xEKF_optical)
"This text provides a foundation from which a SSA system could be built." -- David A. Vallado
“Dr. Der joins the modern textbooks of Vallado, Curtis and Prussing-Conway now with his amazing opus on astrodynamic algorithms, complete with real-world test cases and working code in the three top contemporary computer languages. ” -- Roger L. Mansfield
“The race to space superiority may have just received a boost with the debut of Gim Der’s Astrodynamics Algorithms for Rapid Space Catalog Building. ” -- Dr. Triet Tran